Below is confirmation of our standard costs for acting on your behalf for wills, drafting Power of Attorney & Probate.
Drafting a Will (including providing witnesses and will storage)
- Standard Single Will - £195 + VAT
- Standard Mirror Will (married or cohabiting) - £295 + VAT
Lasting Power of Attorney (Health and Wefare)
- £750 + VAT + Fee payable to the court, see Lasting Power of Attorney (Health and Welfare)
Lasting Power of Attorney (Property and Affairs)
- £750 + VAT + Fee payable to the court, see Lasting Power of Attorney (Property and Affairs)
Lasting Power of Attorney (Combined Property, Affairs, Health and Welfare)
- £1,125 + VAT + Fee payable to the court, see (Combined Property, Affairs, Health and Welfare)
- Our costs for Probate matters are calculated on the value of the estate and range between 2-4% + VAT, depending upon the extent, value and complexity of the estate and the amount of Inheritance Tax payable, with a minimum fee of £950 + VAT.
- • For the avoidance of doubt, our above fee does not include payment for any funeral, cremation, burial, headstone, memorial, house clearance, freehold acquisition, lease extension, service charges or ground rent owed, secured or unsecured debts, DWP overpayments, property insurance, estate agent’s fee and any other outgoing incurred or debt owed, which will be paid for out of the estate funds.
- The disbursements payable (no VAT) are £155 HMCTS Application Fee, 50 pence per copy Grant and £123.88 Law Society Gazette Notice Fee
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CURRENT RATE OF VAT IS 20%
Please contact Gemma Hill or Elizabeth Bunn for more specific and personalised quotation.
Please not that if you click on any of our five offices below, you can then click on the Fee-Earners for each office, in order to read about their experience and qualifications.